WAYS TO INCREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY OF ALFALFA SOWING ON SEEDS
Telekalo Nataliia – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Plant Production, Selection and Bioenergetic Cultures, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, Soniachna Str. 3, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Melnyk Maryna – postgraduate student of Plant Production, Selection and Bioenergetic Cultures of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, Soniachna Str. 5).
Promising direction for the development of agricultural production is growing alfalfa sowing. The crop is a valuable sideratum, a good nitrogen fertilizer that makes it possible to make a profit. Soil after growing legumes has improved properties due to replenishment nitrogen. Lucerne is a multivitamin plant. In the aboveground the vegetative mass of alfalfa contains ascorbic acid, carotene, saponins, alkaloids and ash substances. The rational use of mineral and organic fertilizers is of great importance in improving the productivity of perennial legumes. An analysis of literary sources shows that alfalfa sowing is a very valuable fodder crop in Ukraine. It is the cheapest feed rich in amino acid, protein and carotene. It has been found that the use of seed treatment and foliar feeding on alfalfa sowing crops improves the growth and development conditions of the crop and increases individual productivity. The results of three-year studies on the influence of pre-sowing treatment of seeds and foliar fertilizers on the formation of individual productivity of alfalfa sowing are presented. The research results are complex multidisciplinary in combining the fertilizer system with plant growth regulators in view of current trends in climate change. The development of effective regulations for the use of organic fertilizers for vegetation according to the classical types in the system of technology of cultivation of alfalfa sowing Sinyukh has been investigated. The treatment of alfalfa growth regulators with trace elements during the cultivation of alfalfa sowing promotes the formation of a large number of flowers, increasing the mass of seeds. It was found that the highest plant density, the number of productive stems per plant, the number of ripe beans in one inflorescence, the number of seeds in one bean on the variants of the experiment, where the treatment of seeds with bioregulator of growth of Saprogum and foliar fertilization of Vuksal fertilizer in the phases of branching were used.
1.Kovbasyuk P. (2017) Vyiraschivaem lyutsernu na semena.[We grow alfalfa for seeds]. Propozytsiia – Proposition. URL: https://propozitsiya. com/ vyrashchivaem-lyucernu-na-semena. [in Russian].
2. Butenko A.O., Sobko M.H. (2013). Vplyv rehuliatoriv rostu na nasinnievu produktyvnist liutserny posivnoi. [Influence of growth regulators on seed productivity of alfalfa sowing]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Issue 11 (26). 138-142. [in Ukrainian].
3. Telekalo N.V., Blakh M.V. (2017). Vplyv elementiv tekhnolohii vyroshchuvannia na produktyvnist liutserny posivnoi v umovakh Lisostepu Pravoberezhnoho. [Influence of elements of cultivation technology on the productivity of alfalfa sowing in the forest-steppe conditions of the right-bank]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VNAU «Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo» – Collection of scientific works. Agriculture and Forestry. 6. ( Vol. 2.). 35-43. [in Ukrainian].
4. Hetman N.Ya (2017). Shliakhy pidvyshchennia produktyvnosti liutserny posivnoi v umovakh Lisostepu Pravoberezhnoho. [Ways to improve the productivity of alfalfa sowing in the forest-steppe of the Right Bank]. Kormy i kormovyrobnytstvo - Feed and feed production. Issue. 83. 46-51. [in Ukrainian].
5. Shevel I.V. (2000). Ahrobiolohichnyi potentsial liutserny. [Agrobiological potential of alfalfa]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky – Bulletin of agrarian science. 7. 21-24. [in Ukrainian].
6. Telekalo N.V., Blakh M.V. (2017). Biolohichnyi azot, yak zaporuka ekolohichnoi bezpeky gruntiv. [Biological nitrogen as a guarantee of soil ecological safety]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VNAU «Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo» – Collection of scientific works. Agriculture and Forestry. 5. 155-164. [in Ukrainian].
7. Tyshchenko O. D., Andrusiva L.V. (2002). Adaptyvnist sortiv liutserny i yii znachennia v oderzhanni stabilnykh urozhaiv nasinnia. [Adaptability of alfalfa varieties and its importance in obtaining stable seed yields]. Ahroekolohichnyi zhurnal – Agro-ecological journal. 1. 44-48. [in Ukrainian].
8. Tsyhanskyi V.I., Tsyhanska O.I. (2016) Vplyv vapnuvannia hruntu ta peredposivnoho obroblennia nasinnia na formuvannia yakisnykh pokaznykiv sukhoi rechovyny liutserny posivnoi v umovakh lisostepu pravoberezhnoho. [Influence of liming of soil and pre-sowing treatment of seeds on formation of qualitative indicators of dry matter of alfalfa sowing in the conditions of the forest-steppe of the right-bank]. Zbirnyk naukovyx pracz. Silske gospodarstvo ta lisivnycztvo – Collection of scientific works. Agriculture and forestry. 2016. 4. 110-117. [in Ukrainian].
Topics of the Journal:
Program goals (basic principles): questions of technology and efficiency of crop production, scientific and industrial aspects of agronomic specialties, ecology and forestry.
Articles on such scientific problems are accepted for printing:
Plant production, current state and prospects for development.
Agrochemistry and modern aspects of fertilizers and biologically active substances application.
Feed production, current state and prospects for development.
Selection, seed production, seed science and varieties.
Protection of plants.
Soil managment and soil quality improvement.
Forestry and gardening.
Vegetables and mushrooms, current status and development trends.
Ecology and environmental protection.
Theory and history of agricultural sciences and forestry.
Modern directions of development of arable land and forestry.
Innovative and investment activities in agriculture and forestry.
Directions and efficiency of crop production
Bioenergy resources of crop production and forestry.
Production of renewable energy from biological resources.
Organic farming, the main area of development and production of organic products.
Agriculture and modern crop rotation and soil cultivation.
Horticulture and viticulture.
Processing and storage of crop products.
Beekeeping, current status and development trends.
Contemporary biological research in crop production and forestry.
Progressive technologies of the agricultural complex.
Psychological and pedagogical problems of agrarian education.
The young scientist opinion.
Scientific journal "AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY" was founded in 1995; it was entitled as Bulletin of Vinnytsya State Agricultural Institute.
In 2010-2014 was enritled as Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University.
It has been named as Agriculture and Forestry since 2015.
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine on agricultural sciences under the name Agriculture and Forestry (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016; No. 515).