OVERSPREADING OF VISCUM ALBUM L. ON HONEY PLANTS IN THE CONDITIONS OF VINNYTSIA REGION
Nedashkivskyi Volodymyr – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Safety and Quality of Food, Raw materials and Technological Processes of Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University (09117, Bila Tserkva, Soborna sq., 8/1, e-mail: email@example.com).
The intensity of damaging the nectar and pollen trees of forest lands, parks and woods in the conditions of Vinnytsia region has been studied. It has been found that in the zones of the highest local overspreading of Viscum album L. on the nectar and pollen trees, the following sequence of their damage is observed, in particular, in the conditions of forest lands: Tilia cordata L.- Tilia platyphyllos L. - Acer platanoides L.- Acer tataricum L.; in the parks: Acer platanoides L.- Acer tataricum L.- Tilia cordata L.- Acer campestre L.- Tilia platyphyllos L. -Robinia pseudoacacia L.; in the woods: Robinia pseudoacacia L. - Tilia platyphyllos L. - Acer tataricum L. It depended both on the composition of the nectar and pollen trees and their number in the area of distribution of the parasite.
It was found that the level of damage to the nectar-dust-bearing trees of forest lands, parks and forest strips was respectively within 11.7% - 34.6%, 28.5% - 85.5% and 38.4% - 84.8%.
Characterizing the intensity of distribution of white mistletoe within the forest lands, it should be noted that damage to the Tilia cordata L. – 34,6%, Tilia platyphyllos L. – 23,5%, Acer platanoides L. and Acer tataricum L.– 25,0% and 11,7% . In the conditions of park plantations, damage to Viscum album L.: Tilia cordta– 51,6%, Tilia platyphyllos L. – 52,9%, Viscum album L. – 28,5%, Acer platanoides L. – 85,5%, Acer campestre L. – 71,4% and Acer tataricum L.– 63,6%.
Analysis of the intensity of Viscum album L. distribution on the nectar-pollen-bearing trees of the forest area under the highways showed that this parasite was damaged: Tilia platyphyllos L. – 38,4%, Viscum album L. – 84%, Acer campestre L. – 42,8%. The intensity of damage to nectar-pollen was found to depend on the dominant tree species in the area of local Viscum album L. In the woodland, a greater proportion of the nectar-bearing trees were Tilia, in the park zones – Acer platanoides L. and in the forest strips -– Viscum album L., at the same time, and a larger percentage were observed of damaged trees in these species.
The distribution of Viscum album L. depended not only on the breed of nectar-pollen-bearing trees, but also on the number of trees of a particular variety in the area of their local damage by this parasite.
1. Bondarchuk L.I. Atlas medonosnykh roslyn (1993). [Atlas of honey plants]. K.: Urozhai. [in Ukrainian].
2. Kositsin N.V. (2010). Lesnoe zakonodatelstvo v organizatsii pchelovodstva [Forest law in the organization of beekeeping]. Pchelovodstvo: nauchno proizvodstvennyiy zhurnal – Beekeeping: a scientific production magazine. 9. 46-49 [in Russian].
3. Kositsin N.V. (2009). Otsenka medonosnyih resursov po dannyim gosudarstvennoy inventarizatsii lesov [Evaluation of honey resources according to the state forest inventory]. Pchelovodstvo: nauchno proizvodstvennyiy zhurnal – Beekeeping: a scientific production magazine. 4. 18-19 [in Russian].
4. Polishchuk V.P., Haidai V.N. Pasika (2008). [Apiary]. K.: Navchalno-publistychne vydannia. [in Ukrainian].
5. Razanov S.F., Nedashkivskyi V.M., Razanov O.S. (2018). Osnovy tekhnolohii vyrobnytstva produktsii bdzhilnytstva [Fundamentals of beekeeping production technology]. TOV Nilan LTD. [in Ukrainian].
6. Razanov S.F., Kavun E.M., Hnatiuk O.M. (2017). Tsentry rozpovsiudzhennia omely biloi (viscum album l. ) yii vplyv na vydy, shcho maiut narodnohospodarske znachennia [White mistletoe distribution centers (viscum album l.) Its impact on species of national importance]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VNAU. Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo – Collection of scientific works of VNAU. Agriculture and forestry. 5. 193-203 [in Ukrainian].
7. Kucheryavyi V.P., Razanova O.P., Razanov O.S. (2018). Zmicznennya kormovoyi bazy dlya bdzhil shlyaxom posivu golovatnya kruglogolovogo [Strengthening the fodder base for bees by sowing round-headed bees]. Zbirnyk naukovyx pracz VNAU. Agrarna nauka ta xarchovi texnologiyi. – Collection of scientific works of VNAU. Agrarian science and food technology. 2 (101). 44-51. [in Ukrainian].
Topics of the Journal:
Program goals (basic principles): questions of technology and efficiency of crop production, scientific and industrial aspects of agronomic specialties, ecology and forestry.
Articles on such scientific problems are accepted for printing:
Plant production, current state and prospects for development.
Agrochemistry and modern aspects of fertilizers and biologically active substances application.
Feed production, current state and prospects for development.
Selection, seed production, seed science and varieties.
Protection of plants.
Soil managment and soil quality improvement.
Forestry and gardening.
Vegetables and mushrooms, current status and development trends.
Ecology and environmental protection.
Theory and history of agricultural sciences and forestry.
Modern directions of development of arable land and forestry.
Innovative and investment activities in agriculture and forestry.
Directions and efficiency of crop production
Bioenergy resources of crop production and forestry.
Production of renewable energy from biological resources.
Organic farming, the main area of development and production of organic products.
Agriculture and modern crop rotation and soil cultivation.
Horticulture and viticulture.
Processing and storage of crop products.
Beekeeping, current status and development trends.
Contemporary biological research in crop production and forestry.
Progressive technologies of the agricultural complex.
Psychological and pedagogical problems of agrarian education.
The young scientist opinion.
Scientific journal "AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY" was founded in 1995; it was entitled as Bulletin of Vinnytsya State Agricultural Institute.
In 2010-2014 was enritled as Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University.
It has been named as Agriculture and Forestry since 2015.
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine on agricultural sciences under the name Agriculture and Forestry (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016; No. 515).