ROLE OF ROOT FEEDING IN MODERN TECHNOLOGY OF CULTIVATING GRAIN CORN
Palamarchuk Vitalii – Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Plant Production, Selection and Bioenergetic cultures (21008, Vinnytsia, Soniachna Str. 3, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Demchuk Bogdan – Master of the first year of study at the Faculty of Agronomy and Forestry, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, Soniachna Str. 3, е-mail: email@example.com).
The article presents the results of studying the impact of foliar fertilization with Ekolist Mono Zinc microfertilizer on the complex of economically valuable traits and productivity of maize hybrids of different maturity groups. The research has been conducted for studying the dependence of the timing of foliar fertilization on the level of productivity of corn. Field research was established during 2019-2020 in the research field of the Department of Plant Breeding, Breeding and Bioenergy Crops of SE "Kordelivske" IC NAANU Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. The soil of the experimental site - dark gray is characterized by the following agrochemical parameters: humus content - 3.27%, nitrogen supply (by the method of Cornfield) low - 116 mg / kg of soil, mobile phosphorus compounds (by Chyrykov method) average - 95 mg / kg of soil , and high potassium - 137 mg / kg of soil, pH - 6.5. A two-factor experiment with corn was established by the method of split plots. The study was performed in quadruplicate. The sown area of the plot is 50 m2, the accounting area is 25 m2. Observations and crop accounting were performed according to generally accepted methods. Studies have shown that the largest increase in plant height (11-18 cm) and the height of attachment of cobs was observed in variants with two foliar feeding of corn with microfertilizer Ecolist Mono Zinc. Application of Ekolist Mono Zinc microfertilizer in the phase of 5-7 and 10-12 corn leaves provides the highest value of cob length: DKS 2971 (FAO 200) - 22.0 cm, DKS 3476 (FAO 260) - 25.2 cm and DKS 3511 330) - 26.0 cm, increases the weight of 1000 grains by 7.5-12.4%, protein content by 0.07-0.15%, reduces the fat content by 0.01-0.20% compared with the control. The highest value of yield of the studied maize hybrids was obtained by double application of microfertilizer Ecolist Mono Zinc in the phase of 5-7 and 10-12 leaves of corn, and on average for two years it was: DKS 2971 (FAO 200) - 7.5 t / ha, DKS 3476 (FAO 260) - 9.8 t / ha and DKS 3511 (FAO 330) - 10.4 t / ha, while the control yield was 6.6; 8.8 and 9.0 t / ha, respectively. Taking into consideration the results of the analysis of economic indicators of cultivation of maize hybrid DKS 3511 (FAO 330), the highest value of gross production per 1 ha - 41.44 thousand UAH / ha - was obtained on the option with double application of microfertilizer Ecolist Mono Zinc in phase 5-7 and 10-12 leaves of corn, the lowest cost of grain is set - 156.5 UAH / c. The final indicator of economic efficiency - the level of profitability - was the highest and amounted to 254.5%. Thus, foliar fertilization increases the yield of maize hybrids of different maturity groups, improves the quality of grain in terms of chemical composition and optimizes the value of economically valuable traits.
1. Palamarchuk V.D. (2018). Vplyv pozakorenevykh pidzhyvlen na stiikist hibrydiv kukurudzy do vyliahannia. [Influence of foliar fertilization on the resistance of maize hybrids to lodging]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VNAU. Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo– Collection of scientific works of VNAU. Agriculture and forestry. 8. 14-25. [in Ukrainian].
2. Palamarchuk V.D., Kalenska S.M., Yermakova L.M., Polishchuk I.S., Polishchuk M.I. (2015). Systemy suchasnykh intensyvnykh tekhnolohii u roslynnytstvi. [Systems of modern intensive technologies in crop production]. Vinnytsia: FOP Rohalska I.O. [in Ukrainian].
3. Dudka M., Cherchel V. (2014). Pozakoreneve pidzhyvlennia: neobkhidnist chy alternatyva? [Foliar feeding: a necessity or an alternative?]. Propozytsiia – Proffer. № 6. 64-69. [in Ukrainian].
4. Shynkaruk L.M. (2020). Vplyv udobrennia kukurudzy na biometrychni pokaznyky ta elementy struktury urozhaiu kukurudzy v umovakh zakhidnoho Lisostepu Ukrainy. [Influence of corn fertilizer on biometric indicators and elements of corn crop structure in the conditions of the western Forest-steppe of Ukraine]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Umanskoho NUS – Collection of scientific works of Uman NUS. Issue. 96. Chastyna 1. 443-456. [in Ukrainian].
5. Palamarchuk V.D., Kovalenko O.A. (2018). Vplyv pozakorenevykh pidzhyvlen na ploshchu pry kachannoho lystka u kukurudzy. [Influence of foliar fertilization on the area at a cob in corn]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VNAU. Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo – Collection of scientific works of VNAU. Agriculture and forestry. 9. 68-78. [in Ukrainian].
6. Palamarchuk V.D., Kovalenko O.A. (2018). Vplyv pozakorenevykh pidzhyvlen na riven peredzbyralnoi volohosti zerna hibrydiv kukurudzy. [Influence of foliar fertilization on the level of pre-harvest grain moisture of maize hybrids]. Zroshuvalne zemlerobstvo – Irrigated agriculture. 69. 58-63. [in Ukrainian].
7. Avramenko S., Kurylov O., Bobrov O. (2016). Pidzhyvlennia kukurudzy: malovidome, ale efektyvne. [Feeding corn: little known but effective]. Propozytsiia – Proffer. 5. 56-59. [in Ukrainian].
8. Alekseev D. (2006). Drugimi veschestvami zamenit nelzya. [Cannot be replaced with other substances]. Zerno – Grain. 42-44. [in Ukrainian].
9. Kramarov S.M., Shevchenko M.S., Shevchenko V.M. (2000). Pozakoreneve pidzhyvlennia posiviv hibrydiv kukurudzy riznykh hrup styhlosti. [Foliar feeding of crops of maize hybrids of different maturity groups]. Biuleten Instytutu zernovoho hospodarstva UAAN – Bulletin of the Institute of Grain Management of UAAS. 12-13. 36-39. [in Ukrainian].
10. Palamarchuk V.D., Polishchuk I.S., Venediktov O.M. (2011). Systemy suchasnykh intensyvnykh tekhnolohii u roslynnytstvi. [Systems of modern intensive technologies in crop production]. [in Ukrainian].
11. Ushkarenko V.O., Vozhehova R.A., Holoborodko S.P., Kokovikhin S.V. (2014). Metodyka polovoho doslidu: Navchalnyi posibnyk. [Methods of field experiment: Textbook]. [in Ukrainian].
12. Vozhegova R.A., Filipev I.D., Melashich A.V., Dyimov A.N. (2011). Posobie pri provedenii polevyih i laboratornyih rabot. [Field and laboratory work guide]. [in Ukrainian].
13. Lakin G.F. (1990). Biometriya. [Biometrics]. [in Russian].
14. Ostapov V.I., Laktionov B.I., Pisarenko V.A. i dr. (1985). Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po provedeniyu polevyih opyitov v usloviyah USSR. [Methodical recommendations for conducting field experiments in the conditions of the Ukrainian SSR]. Chast I. [in Ukrainian].
15. Palamarchuk V.D. (2018). Vplyv pozakorenevykh pidzhyvlen na proiav liniinykh rozmiriv roslyn kukurudzy. [Infusion of pozakorenevikh pіdzhivlenie on the development of lіnіykh rosmіrіv roslin kukurudzi]. Naukovyi visnyk NUBIP Ukrainy. Seriia Ahronomiia – – Scientific Bulletin of NULES of Ukraine. Agronomy series. № 286. 231-244. [in Ukrainian].
Topics of the Journal:
Program goals (basic principles): questions of technology and efficiency of crop production, scientific and industrial aspects of agronomic specialties, ecology and forestry.
Articles on such scientific problems are accepted for printing:
Plant production, current state and prospects for development.
Agrochemistry and modern aspects of fertilizers and biologically active substances application.
Feed production, current state and prospects for development.
Selection, seed production, seed science and varieties.
Protection of plants.
Soil managment and soil quality improvement.
Forestry and gardening.
Vegetables and mushrooms, current status and development trends.
Ecology and environmental protection.
Theory and history of agricultural sciences and forestry.
Modern directions of development of arable land and forestry.
Innovative and investment activities in agriculture and forestry.
Directions and efficiency of crop production
Bioenergy resources of crop production and forestry.
Production of renewable energy from biological resources.
Organic farming, the main area of development and production of organic products.
Agriculture and modern crop rotation and soil cultivation.
Horticulture and viticulture.
Processing and storage of crop products.
Beekeeping, current status and development trends.
Contemporary biological research in crop production and forestry.
Progressive technologies of the agricultural complex.
Psychological and pedagogical problems of agrarian education.
The young scientist opinion.
Scientific journal "AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY" was founded in 1995; it was entitled as Bulletin of Vinnytsya State Agricultural Institute.
In 2010-2014 was enritled as Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University.
It has been named as Agriculture and Forestry since 2015.
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine on agricultural sciences under the name Agriculture and Forestry (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016; No. 515).
Since 2015, "Agriculture and Forestry". (archive of previous issues for 2015-2019) at http://forestry.vsau.edu.ua/.
The journal “Agriculture and Forestry (ISSN: 2707-5826)” passed the evaluation process of Index Copernicus positively and is indexed in the database of ICI Journals Master List for 2018, 2019 (international citation database). Based on the information provided in the evaluation and analysis of journal issues for 2018 and 2019, Copernicus Experts experts calculated the value of the Copernicus Index (ICV) for 2018. ICV for 2018 and 2019 is presented in the full list of indexed journals in the Master List International List 2018 https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/formjml and in the journal passport https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/ details?
Master List International List 2019 https: id = 65401; https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/formjml
According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated 17.03.2020 № 409. The journal Agriculture and Forestry is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine Category "B" in agricultural sciences (specialties) - 101, 201, 202, 203, 205, 206.
According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from 17.03.2020 № 409. Journal of Agriculture and Forestry is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine Category "B" in agricultural sciences (specialties) - 101, 201, 202, 203, 205, 206.