MONITORING THE POLLUTION OF FOREST BERRIES BY HEAVY METALS IN THE CONDITIONS OF RIGHT-BANK FOREST-STEPPE OF UKRAINE
Vradiy Oksana Ihorivna – assistant of the department of ecology and environmental protection, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Solnychna St., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Forest resources, which include edible mushrooms, wild berries, fruit and others are an important element of the food program, which involves providing high quality and sufficient food to the population. With the development of scientific and technological progress and the significant increase in the share of cultivated fruit, berries and vegetables, the role of wild berries, fruit and mushrooms as a source of food and income has taken the minor place. However, in recent years, there is a noticeable increase in the use of these resources in the nutrition and treatment of the population. In particular, the focus is on the use of berries, fruit and mushrooms for both food and medical purposes.
The research was conducted on the territory of Vinnytsia district of the Right-Bank Forest-steppe of Ukraine in 2018. The following forest berries like strawberries, blackberries, sweet cherries, apples and pears have been used as the material for research. The method of spot sampling of berries was used.
The study of the concentration of heavy metals was carried out in the research-measuring agrochemical laboratory of the Department of Ecology and Environmental Protection of the Agronomy Faculty on the basis of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. The concentrations of Cd, Cu, Pb, Zn of the studied berries were determined by the method of atomic and absorptional spectrometry after dry mineralization. To assess the degree of hazardous elements of the pollutant, it was used a risk factor, i.e. the ratio between the concentration of the pollutant in the soil or the fetal body of the fungus at its maximum permissible concentration.
The intensity of pollution of forest berries collected on the territory of forestry of Vinnytsia district by heavy metals was investigated. It was found that the excess of MPC by 3.0 times in the concentration of cadmium was observed only in strawberries, while the concentration of zinc and copper was lower than MPC by 5.1 and 45.4 times, respectively. The concentration of zinc and copper in blackberries was lower than MPC by 9.0 and 125 times, respectively. The concentration of zinc and copper in sweet cherries was lower than MPC by 250 and 125 times, respectively. The concentration of zinc and copper in apples was lower than MPC by 37 and 500 times, respectively. The concentration of zinc and copper in pears was lower than MPC by 7.6 and 62.5 times, respectively.
1. Storozhuk T.M., Druzhynska N.S. Nederevni lisovi resursy [Non-timber forest resources]. Naukovyi visnyk Mizhnarodnoho humanitarnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomika i menedzhment – Scientific Herald of the International Humanitarian University. 2015. Vyp. 10. P. 260-263.
2. Sakharnatska L.I. Ratsionalne vykorystannia produktiv pobichnoho korystuvannia lisu – zaporuka staloho rozvytku lisovykh ekosystem[The rational use of forest products is the key to the sustainable development of forest ecosystems]. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia – Balanced nature management. 2014. Vyp. 1. P. 36-37.
3. Vykorystannia nederevnykh resursiv lisu yak skladova staloho vedennia lisovoho hospodarstva: ohliad mizhnarodnykh uhod ta natsionalnoho zakonodavstva Ukrainy [Use of Non-Timber Resources of the Forest as a Constituent of Sustainable Forest Management: Review of International Agreements and National Legislation of Ukraine] / N.S. Striamets, Marine Elbakidze, V.P. Riabchuk, Per Anhelstam. Nauk visn. NLTU Ukrainy – Science wisn. NLTU of Ukraine. 2010. Vyp. 20.16. P. 201-207. URL:http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/chem_biol/nvnltu/20_16/201_Str.pdf.
4. Khvesyk M.A., Shubalyi N.M., Vasylyk N.M. Kompleksne vykorystannia lisoresursnoho potentsialu: mekhanizmy stymuliuvannia, instytutsionalne ta innovatsiino-investytsiine zabezpechennia [Comprehensive use of forest resource potential: incentive mechanisms, institutional and innovation-investment support]: monohrafiia. K: TOV «DKS», 2011. 498 p.
5. Brundtland H., Ferguson I., Wild I. Our Common Future. Oxford University Press for World Commission on Environment and Development. Oxford, 1987. 400 p.
6. Varma V. Decision support system for the sustainable forest management. Forest Ecology and Management. 2000. № 128. P. 49-55.
7. Wang S. One hundred faces of sustainable forest management. Forest Policy and Economics. 2004. № 6. P. 205-213.
8. Rehlament maksymalnykh rivniv okremykh zabrudniuiuchykh rechovyn u kharchovykh produktakh [Regulation of maximum levels of individual pollutants in food products]. Derzhavni hihiienichni pravyla i normy. № 368. DR-2013 [Chynnyi vid 2013-05-13]. Kyiv. 2013. 10 p.
9. Non-timber resources [Nederevni resursy: navch. posib. / uklad.: A.V. Myhal, V.V. Bokoch. –Uzhhorod: Vyd-vo UzhNU «Hoverla», 2017. 128 p.
10. Tkachuk O.P., Yakovets L.S. Osoblyvosti zabrudnennia zernovoi produktsii vazhkymy metalamy v umovakh Vinnytskoi oblasti [Features of contamination of grain products by heavy metals in the conditions of Vinnytsia region]. Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo – Agriculture and forestry. 2016. Vyp. 4. P. 179-186.
11. Fatieieva N.Iu. Toksychna diia vazhkykh metaliv na zhyvi orhanizmy ta shliakhy yii zmenshennia [Toxic action of heavy metals on living organisms and ways of its reduction]. Aktualni pytannia sohodennia – Current issues of today. 2018. Tom 7. P.107-110.
12. Vazhki metaly u komponentakh navkolyshnoho seredovyshcha m. Mariupol (ekoloho-heokhimichni aspekty) [Heavy metals in the environmental components of Mariupol (ecological and geochemical aspects)]: monohrafiia. / S.P. Karmazynenko ta in. Kyiv, 2014. 168 p.
13. Toksychni rechovyny v kharchovykh produktakh i metody yikh vyznachennia [Toxic substances in food products and methods of their determination]: navch. posib. / A.A. Dubinina ta in. Kharkiv, 2016. 106 p.
14. Buialska N., Denysova N., Kupchyk O., Prus T. Doslidzhennia vmistu vazhkykh metaliv u molotsi yak element realizatsii systemy NASSR [Investigation of the content of heavy metals in milk as an element of the implementation of the HACCP system].Tekhnichni nauky ta tekhnolohii – Technical sciences and technologies. 2017. Vyp. 2 (8). P. 179-187.
Topics of the Journal:
Program goals (basic principles): questions of technology and efficiency of crop production, scientific and industrial aspects of agronomic specialties, ecology and forestry.
Articles on such scientific problems are accepted for printing:
Plant production, current state and prospects for development.
Agrochemistry and modern aspects of fertilizers and biologically active substances application.
Feed production, current state and prospects for development.
Selection, seed production, seed science and varieties.
Protection of plants.
Soil managment and soil quality improvement.
Forestry and gardening.
Vegetables and mushrooms, current status and development trends.
Ecology and environmental protection.
Theory and history of agricultural sciences and forestry.
Modern directions of development of arable land and forestry.
Innovative and investment activities in agriculture and forestry.
Directions and efficiency of crop production
Bioenergy resources of crop production and forestry.
Production of renewable energy from biological resources.
Organic farming, the main area of development and production of organic products.
Agriculture and modern crop rotation and soil cultivation.
Horticulture and viticulture.
Processing and storage of crop products.
Beekeeping, current status and development trends.
Contemporary biological research in crop production and forestry.
Progressive technologies of the agricultural complex.
Psychological and pedagogical problems of agrarian education.
The young scientist opinion.
Scientific journal "AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY" was founded in 1995; it was entitled as Bulletin of Vinnytsya State Agricultural Institute.
In 2010-2014 was enritled as Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University.
It has been named as Agriculture and Forestry since 2015.
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine on agricultural sciences under the name Agriculture and Forestry (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016; No. 515).
Since 2015, "Agriculture and Forestry". (archive of previous issues for 2015-2019) at http://forestry.vsau.edu.ua/.
The journal “Agriculture and Forestry (ISSN: 2707-5826)” passed the evaluation process of Index Copernicus positively and is indexed in the database of ICI Journals Master List for 2018, 2019 (international citation database). Based on the information provided in the evaluation and analysis of journal issues for 2018 and 2019, Copernicus Experts experts calculated the value of the Copernicus Index (ICV) for 2018. ICV for 2018 and 2019 is presented in the full list of indexed journals in the Master List International List 2018 https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/formjml and in the journal passport https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/ details?
Master List International List 2019 https: id = 65401; https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/formjml
According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated 17.03.2020 № 409. The journal Agriculture and Forestry is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine Category "B" in agricultural sciences (specialties) - 101, 201, 202, 203, 205, 206.
According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from 17.03.2020 № 409. Journal of Agriculture and Forestry is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine Category "B" in agricultural sciences (specialties) - 101, 201, 202, 203, 205, 206.