FORMATION OF SHEET SURFACE AREA BY WINTER BARLEY PLANTS DEPENDING ON FERTILIZER
Shcatula Yurii – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate of Professor of the department of agriculture, soil science and agrochemistry of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, Sonaychna St. 3).
Barsky Dmitry – postgraduate student of the Department of Agriculture, Soil Science and Agrochemistry of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Sonyachna Street, e-mail: Votyk_volodymyr@ukr.net).
The article assesses and reflects the main aspects and vision of optimizing the fertilization of winter barley through root and foliar nutrition. The relevance and importance of such technological solutions and the search for optimal options for maximizing the yield potential of modern varieties of winter barley are emphasized, given the importance of this crop for the formation of the agricultural production potential of Ukraine. The processes of mineral nutrition have a significant impact on the growth and development and productivity of winter barley. To achieve the highest possible yield of winter barley grain, scientifically based norms of mineral fertilizers should be applied, and foliar top dressing with micronutrient fertilizers should be carried out during the growing season. One of the factors for increasing the productivity of winter barley is the leaf surface area, which further supports the activity of the photosynthetic apparatus. The leaf surface area significantly depends on the application rates of mineral fertilizers and the period of their application. It was determined that the leaf surface area of winter barley crops varied depending on the varietal composition. It was the highest for the cultivation of the barley variety of foreign selection Paso in the heading phase - 60,05 thousand m2/ha, while the winter barley variety Atlant Mironovsky in this phase was less at the level of 57,06 thousand m2/ha. Cultivation of intensive varieties of winter barley varieties Atlant Mironovsky and Paso requires the introduction of diammophos at the rate of N10P26K26 for sowing, spring top dressing with ammonium nitrate N34, and during the period of emergence of cultivated plants in the tube, the application of urea at a dose of N46, and a micro rate of 4,0 l/ha . Thanks to the application of mineral fertilizers, it is possible to obtain a grain yield of the winter domestic variety Atlant Mironovsky at the level of 6,90 t/ha, respectively, the variety of foreign selection – 7,42 t/ha.
1.Bykin A.V., Bykina N.M., Bordiuzha N.P. (2012). Efektyvnist pozakorenevykh pidzhyvlen silskohospodarskykh kultur mikroelementnymy dobryvamy [Efficiency of foliar fertilization of agricultural crops with microelement-containing fertilizers]. Naukovyi visnyk nats. un-tu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy − Seriia. Ahronomiia. − Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Bioresources and Nature Management of Ukraine. Series. Agronomy. № 176. 154–159. [in Ukrainian].
2. Moiseichenko V. F. (1992). Osnovy naukovykh doslidzhen u plodivnytstvi, ovochivnytstvi, vynohradarstvi ta tekhnolohii zberihannia plodoovochevoi produktsii [Basics of scientific dosages in fruit, vegetable production, viticulture and technology of harvesting fruit and vegetable products]. K.: UMKVO. [in Ukrainian].
3. Drobitko O.M. (2007). Produktyvnist fotosyntezu i urozhainist soi zalezhno vid prostorovoho i kilkisnoho rozmishchennia roslyn v ahrotsenozi [Productivity of photosynthesis and soybean yield depending on the spatial and quantitative location of plants in the agrocenosis]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomoria − Bulletin of Agrarian Science of the Black Sea Coast. Mykolaiv. Issue. 2. 240−245. [in Ukrainian].
4. Dudkina O. (2010). Vesnianyi ratsion dlia pshenytsi [Spring diet for wheat]. Propozytsiia − Offer. №4. 17-19. [in Ukrainian].
5. Zaiets S.O., Kysil L.B. (2019). Fotosyntetychna diialnist roslyn i vrozhainist zerna yachmeniu ozymoho (Hordeum vulgare L.) zalezhno vid sortu, strokiv sivby ta rehuliatoriv rostu [Photosynthetic activity of plants and grain yield of winter barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) depending on the variety, sowing dates and growth regulators]. Bioresursy i pryrodokorystuvannia - Bioresources and nature management. Vols. 11. № 1-2. 34-41. [in Ukrainian].
6. Kernasiuk Yu. (2017). Rynok yachmeniu: potentsial rozvytku [Barley market: development potential]. Ahrobiznes sohodni − Agribusiness today. URL: http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/ekonomichnyihektar/item/7950-rynok-iachmeniu-potentsial-rozvytku.html [in Ukrainian].
7. Lobas M.H. (1997). Rozvytok zernovoho hospodarstva Ukrainy [Development of grain economy of Ukraine]: monohrafiia. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
8. Natsionalna dopovid pro stan rodiuchosti gruntiv Ukrainy (2010). [Ministry of Agrarian Policy, Center for Fertility, NAAS, NSC IGA] Minahropolityky, Tsentrderzhrodiuchist, NAANU, NNTs IHA im. O.N. Sokolovskoho. NUBiP. [in Ukrainian].
9. Furbank, R.T., Sharwood, R., Estavillo G.M., Silva-Perez, V. & Condon, A. G. Fotons too food: genetic improvement of cereal crop photosynthesis. J. Exp. Bot., 2020. 71, No 7, PP. 2226-2238. [in English].
10. Simkin, A. J., Lopez-Calcagno R. E. & Raines C. A. (2019). Feeding the world: improving photosynthetic efficiency for sustainable grop production photosynthetisis. J. Exp. Bot. 70. No 4. PP. 1119-1140. [in English].
11. Panfilova A.V., Hamaiunova V.V. (2018). Fotosyntetychna diialnist posiviv pshenytsi ozymoi zalezhno vid sortu ta zhyvlennia v umovakh pivdennoho Stepu Ukrainy. [Photosynthetic activity of winter wheat crops depending on the variety and nutrition in the southern steppe of Ukraine. Photosynthetic activity of winter wheat crops depending on the variety and nutrition in the southern steppe of Ukraine] Naukovyi zhurnal «Scientific horizons» (Zhytomyrskyi NAEU) - Scientific horizons (Zhytomyr NAEU). №2 (65). 3-10. [in Ukrainian].
12. Reznichenko N.D. (2017). Formuvannia ploshchi lystkovoi poverkhni roslynamy yachmeniu ozymoho (Hordeum vulgare L.) za riznykh tekhnolohichnykh pryiomiv vyroshchuvannia [Formation of leaf surface area by winter barley plants (Hordeum vulgare L.) by different technological methods of cultivation]. Zroshuvane zemlerobstvo: mizhvidomchyi tematychnyi naukovyi zbirnyk – Irrigated agriculture: interdepartmental thematic scientific collection. Issue. 68. 123–126. [in Ukrainian].
13. Storchous I. Niuansy v tekhnolohii No-till [Nuances in No-till technology]. Ahrobiznes sohodni – Agribusiness today URL: http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/ahronomiia-sohodni/item/395-niuansy-v-tekhno [in Ukrainian].
14. Ushkarenko O.V. ta in. (2016). Naukovi doslidzhennia v ahronomii [Scientific research in agronomy]: navch. posib. Kherson: Hrin D. S. [in Ukrainian].
15. Shelkoplias T., Zhytkov A. Yachmin – yizha hladiatoriv i dovhozhyteliv [Barley - food of gladiators and long-lived] URL: http://www.agroprofi. com.ua/ statti/1917-yachmin-yizha-hladiatoriv idovhozhyteliv [in Ukrainian].
16. Shkatula Yu.M., Kozachenko M.I. (2021). Optymizatsiia tekhnolohichnykh pryiomiv vyroshchuvannia yachmeniu ozymoho v umovakh doslidnoho polia VNAU. [Optimization of technological methods of growing winter barley in the experimental field of VNAU]. Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo – Agriculture and forestry. №22. 56-71. [in Ukrainian].
17. Shkatula Yu.M., Barskyi D.O. (2021). Urozhainist ozymoho yachmeniu zalezhno vid systemy udobrennia [Yields of winter barley depending on the fertilizer system]. Silske hospodarstvo ta lisivnytstvo – Agriculture and forestry. №21. 82–94. [in Ukrainian].
18. Yahodyn B.A. Zhukov Yu.P., Kobzarenko V.Y. (2002). Ahrokhymyia [Agrochemistry]. [in Ukrainian].
19. Yatsuk I.P. Matusevych H.D. (2014). Ahroekolohichnyi stan gruntiv kyivskoi oblasti [Agroecological condition of soils of Kyiv region]. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia – Balanced nature management. № 1. 79–85. [in Ukrainian].
Topics of the Journal:
Program goals (basic principles): questions of technology and efficiency of crop production, scientific and industrial aspects of agronomic specialties, ecology and forestry.
Articles on such scientific problems are accepted for printing:
Plant production, current state and prospects for development.
Agrochemistry and modern aspects of fertilizers and biologically active substances application.
Feed production, current state and prospects for development.
Selection, seed production, seed science and varieties.
Protection of plants.
Soil managment and soil quality improvement.
Forestry and gardening.
Vegetables and mushrooms, current status and development trends.
Ecology and environmental protection.
Theory and history of agricultural sciences and forestry.
Modern directions of development of arable land and forestry.
Innovative and investment activities in agriculture and forestry.
Directions and efficiency of crop production
Bioenergy resources of crop production and forestry.
Production of renewable energy from biological resources.
Organic farming, the main area of development and production of organic products.
Agriculture and modern crop rotation and soil cultivation.
Horticulture and viticulture.
Processing and storage of crop products.
Beekeeping, current status and development trends.
Contemporary biological research in crop production and forestry.
Progressive technologies of the agricultural complex.
Psychological and pedagogical problems of agrarian education.
The young scientist opinion.
Scientific journal "AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY" was founded in 1995; it was entitled as Bulletin of Vinnytsya State Agricultural Institute.
In 2010-2014 was enritled as Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University.
It has been named as Agriculture and Forestry since 2015.
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine on agricultural sciences under the name Agriculture and Forestry (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016; No. 515).
Since 2015, "Agriculture and Forestry". (archive of previous issues for 2015-2019) at http://forestry.vsau.edu.ua/.
The journal “Agriculture and Forestry (ISSN: 2707-5826)” passed the evaluation process of Index Copernicus positively and is indexed in the database of ICI Journals Master List for 2018, 2019, 2020 (international citation database). Based on the information provided in the evaluation and analysis of journal issues for 2018, 2019, 2020 Copernicus Experts experts calculated the value of the Copernicus Index (ICV) for 2018. ICV for 2018, 2019, 2020 is presented in the full list of indexed journals in the Master List International List 2018 https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/formjml and in the journal passport https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/ details?
Master List International List 2019 https: id = 65401; https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/formjml
The ICV for 2020 is visible on the full list of indexed journals at ICI Journals Master List 2020 https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/formjml and in Journal`s Passport https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/details?id=65401&lang=pl
According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated 17.03.2020 № 409. The journal Agriculture and Forestry is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine Category "B" in agricultural sciences (specialties) - 101, 201, 202, 203, 205, 206.
According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from 17.03.2020 № 409. Journal of Agriculture and Forestry is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine Category "B" in agricultural sciences (specialties) - 101, 201, 202, 203, 205, 206.