ASSESSMENT OF SOILS OF THE VINNYTSIA REGION FOR ORGANIC PRODUCTION APPLICATION
Tsytsiura Yaroslav – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Soil Management, Soil Science and Agrochemistry, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, Soniachna St. 5/42, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article reflects the results of a study of the development of organic technologies for agricultural production in the Vinnytsia region. A statistical generalization of the indicators of the development of organic technologies in the region was carried out and conclusions on the relevance of this strategic technological direction for the region were drawn. An assessment of the potential of Vinnytsia region for the introduction of technologies of organic farming and crop production in view of the national strategy of transition to alternative organic technologies are conducted.
The peculiarities of the soil cover of the region from the standpoint of certain areas for the cultivation of organic products are analyzed. The results of cartographic assessment of the suitability of the soil cover of the region for the introduction of a staged transition to organic farming systems and the possibility of such a transition in different years of technology introduction are presented. The features of the soil cover of the region from the position of certain zones for the cultivation of organic products are analyzed. The basic regulatory criteria for assessing the suitability for classic organic production by the basic properties and groups of qualities defined by the orders of the Government of Ukraine are determined. The average agrochemical properties of soils in the Vinnytsia region in terms of humus content, mobile forms of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, and acidity of the soil solution are grouped and determined. The indicators of the content of mobile forms of trace elements, heavy metals and pesticide residues are separately grouped within the districts of the region.
Based on a comparison of the normative values of soil parameters and the actual values of indicators within the regions, the integral coefficient of suitability of the soils of the region for the introduction of organic agricultural production technologies is determined. This made it possible to rank the districts of the region and identify favorable and unfavorable regions for the transition to organic technologies of agricultural production.
1. Nacionalna dopovid. Cili stalogo rozvytku Ukrayiny [National report. Sustainable Development Goals of Ukraine]. URL: https://menr.gov.ua/files /docs/Nacional`na%20dopovid`%20CzSR%20Ukrayiny`_ly`pen`%202017%20ukr.pdf [in Ukrainian].
2. Federaciya organichnogo ruxu Ukrayiny [Federation of Organic Movement of Ukraine]: URL: http://organic.com.ua/uk/homepage/2010-01-26-13-45-25%3F showall%3D1 [in Ukrainian].
3. Chudovska V. A., Shkuratov O. I., Kyporenko V. V. (2016). Ekologo-ekonomichnyj mexanizm rozvytku organichnogo silskogo gospodarstva: teoriya i praktyka: monografiya [ Ecological and economic mechanism of organic agriculture development: theory and practice: monograph]. Kiev: DKS-Center [in Ukrainian].
4. Gadzalo Ya. M., Kaminskuy V. F. (2016). Naukovi osnovy vyrobnycztva organichnoyi produkciyi v Ukrayini: monogr. [Scientific bases of organic production in Ukraine: monograph]. Kiev: Agrarian Science [in Ukrainian].
5. Chaika T. O. (2013). Rozvytok vyrobnycztva organichnoyi produkciyi v agrarnomu sektori ekonomiky Ukrayiny: monografiya [Development of organic production in the agricultural sector of the Ukrainian economy: monograph]. Donetsk: Knowledge Publishing House (Donetsk Branch) [in Ukrainian].
6. Getman A. P., Ignatenko I. V., Korninko V.M. (2016). Problemy pravovogo abezpechennya ctalogo rozvytku silskyx terytorij v Ukrayini [Problems of legal support for sustainable development of rural territories in Ukraine]: monografiya. Kharkiv. Pravo [in Ukrainian].
7. Tsytsiura Ya.H., Bronnikova L.F., Pelex L.V. (2017). Gruntovyj pokryv Vinnychchyny: genezys, sklad, vlastyvosti ta napryamy efektyvnogo vykorystannya: monografiya.Vinnycya: TOV «Nilan-LTD» [Soil cover of Vinnytsya: genesis, composition, properties and directions of effective use]: monografіya. Vіnnicya : TOV «Nіlan-LTD» [in Ukrainian].
8. Makarenko N.A., Podzerej R.V. (2015) Naukovi osnovy ocinyuvannya stanu silskogospodarskyx terytorij ta ugid shhodo mozhlyvosti vedennya organichnogo vyrobnycztva [Scientific bases for the assessment of the state of agricultural areas and land for the possibility of organic production]. Naukovi dopovidi Nacionalnogo universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannya Ukrayiny – Scientific reports of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. 4 (53). URL: http://nd.nubip.edu.ua/2015_4/index.html [in Ukrainian].
9. Makarenko N.A., Mala (Salnikova) A.V., Bondar V.I. (2014) Perexid silskogospodarskogo vyrobnycztva vid tradycijnogo do organichnogo: naukovi ta organizacijni zasady [The transition of agricultural production from traditional to organic: scientific and organizational principles]. Bioresursy i pryrodokorystuvannya – Bioresources and environmental management. Vols. 6. 3-4. 71-76.
10. Makarenko N.A. (2014). Organichna silskogospodarska produkciya: osnovni vymogy do yakosti ta umov vyrobnycztva (naukovo-metodychni rekomendaciyi). [Organic agricultural products: basic requirements for quality and production conditions (scientific and methodological recommendations)]. K.: NUBiP Ukrayiny` – National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
11. Poryadok vstanovlennya kryteriyiv yakosti zemel, ocinky yix prydatnosti dlya vyrobnycztva organichnoyi produkciyi i syrovyny ta vyznachennya zon takogo vyrobnycztva, rozroblenyj Kabinetom Ministriv Ukrayiny [The order of establishing the criteria of quality of land, assessment of their suitability for production of organic products and raw materials and definition of zones of such production, developed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine]. URL: http://minagro.gov.ua/node/12447 [in Ukrainian].
12. Fatyeyev A.I., Smirnova K.B., Semenov D.O. (2014). Ocinka prydatnosti gruntiv Ukrayiny dlya organichnogo zemlerobstva za vmistom mikroelementiv [Assessment of suitability of soils of Ukraine for organic farming on the content of trace elements]. Visnyk agrarnoyi nauky – Bulletin of agrarian science. №4. 5-9 [in Ukrainian].
13. Zvit pro vykonannya proektno-texnologichnyx ta naukovo-doslidnyx robit u 2014 roci. (2015). [Report on the implementation of technological and research works in 2014] DU «Derzhg runtoxorona» u Vinnyczkij oblasti. [in Ukrainian].
14. Tkachuk O. P. (2015). Vykorystannya bagatorichnyx bobovyx trav dlya znyzhennya vmistu vazhkyx metaliv u grunti [Use of perennial legumes to reduce the content of heavy metals in the soil]. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannya – Balanced nature management. №4. 138-141 [in Ukrainian].
15. Tsytsiura Ya.H. (2016). Identyfikaciya zemelno-resursnogo potencialu Vinnychchyny ta shlyaxyjogo efektyvnogo vykorystannya [Identification of land potential of Vinnitsa region and ways of its effective use]. Zbirnyk naukovyx pracz VNAU. Silske gospodarstvo ta lisivnycztvo – Collection of scientific works of VNAU. Series: Agriculture and Forestry. 4. Р. 6-16 [in Ukrainian].
Topics of the Journal:
Program goals (basic principles): questions of technology and efficiency of crop production, scientific and industrial aspects of agronomic specialties, ecology and forestry.
Articles on such scientific problems are accepted for printing:
Plant production, current state and prospects for development.
Agrochemistry and modern aspects of fertilizers and biologically active substances application.
Feed production, current state and prospects for development.
Selection, seed production, seed science and varieties.
Protection of plants.
Soil managment and soil quality improvement.
Forestry and gardening.
Vegetables and mushrooms, current status and development trends.
Ecology and environmental protection.
Theory and history of agricultural sciences and forestry.
Modern directions of development of arable land and forestry.
Innovative and investment activities in agriculture and forestry.
Directions and efficiency of crop production
Bioenergy resources of crop production and forestry.
Production of renewable energy from biological resources.
Organic farming, the main area of development and production of organic products.
Agriculture and modern crop rotation and soil cultivation.
Horticulture and viticulture.
Processing and storage of crop products.
Beekeeping, current status and development trends.
Contemporary biological research in crop production and forestry.
Progressive technologies of the agricultural complex.
Psychological and pedagogical problems of agrarian education.
The young scientist opinion.
Scientific journal "AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY" was founded in 1995; it was entitled as Bulletin of Vinnytsya State Agricultural Institute.
In 2010-2014 was enritled as Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University.
It has been named as Agriculture and Forestry since 2015.
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine on agricultural sciences under the name Agriculture and Forestry (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016; No. 515).